AWP is in a few days and I am so excited to be attending! This is my first time at the conference, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to meet some of my favorite poets and writers. The book fair will give me a chance to restock on poetry collections for this blog, too.
Here’s a few panels / speakers I’m enthusiastic about seeing:
- Criticism or Poetry? Poetry Reviewing Today: Thu, Feb 9 from 1:30-2:45 PM with Andrew Ciotola, Kyle Dargan, Shara Lessley, Kaveh Akbar, and Kelly Forsythe.
- Keynote Address by Azar Nafisi: Thu, Feb 9 from 8:30-10:00 PM.
- A World of our Own – Women’s Voices from Three Continents in Cultural Exchange: Fri, Feb 9 from 12:00-1:15 PM with Tess Barry, Jan Beatty, Eleanor Hooker, Zeina Hashem Beck, and Clodagh Beresford Dunne.
- Page Meets Stage: Fri, Feb 10 from 4:30-5:45 PM with Taylor Mali, Sarah Kay, Carolyn Forch, Nicole Homer, and Derrick Brown
- The Art and Importance of the Poetry Interview: Sat, Feb 11 from 9:00-10:15 AM with Kaveh Akbar, Melissa Studdard, Emilia Phillips, Lindsay Gsrbutt, and Hafizah Geter.
- A Reading by Rita Dove, Terrance Hayes, and Ocean Vuong: Sat, Feb 11 from 8:30-10:00PM.
Also, on Friday, February 10th, I’ll be reading for Diode Poetry Journal alongside the magazines and journals posted in the flyer above.